Santa Fe Salad Recipe
From Newport News, Virginia, Gail Park shares a colorful stand-alone salad that her family simply loves. “People always ask for the recipe when I bring it to a potlucks,” she adds. “The zippy dressing and mix of crunchy veggies with beans is a winning combination!”
- 2-1/2 cups cut fresh green beans
- 1 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. Place green beans in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the cilantro, sour cream, lime juice, vinegar, garlic, cumin, salt and cayenne.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the green beans, corn, pinto beans, black beans, red pepper, onion, chilies and olives. Sprinkle with cheese. Pour dressing over salad; toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup equals 151 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 374 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC