Santa Fe Rice Salad Recipe
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 jar (8 ounces) picante sauce
- 6 cups shredded lettuce
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, saute peppers and onion in oil for 6-7 minutes or until tender. Stir in the rice, beans, corn and picante sauce until heated through. Place 1 cup of lettuce on each of six salad plates. Top with 1 cup rice mixture, 2 tablespoons cheese and 1 tablespoon sour cream. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 353 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 800mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 9g fiber), 15g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 lean meat, 2 vegetable.