- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- Crumble beef into a large microwave-safe bowl; stir in onion. Cover and microwave on high for 3-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, stirring every 1 minute; drain. Stir in the tomato paste, water and taco seasoning. Cover and cook on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through, stirring once.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup meat mixture down the center of each tortilla; roll up tightly. Place seam side down in a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Set remaining meat mixture aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine cheese sauce and chilies. Cover and microwave on high for 40 seconds; stir. Pour over tortillas.
- Spoon remaining meat mixture down the center of tortillas. Cover and cook on high for 3 to 3-1/2 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Santa Fe Enchiladas
Sort By :
"The flavor was just off. We could not put our finger on it."
"This recipe was super easy, cheap and fast. My old enchilada recipe is going in the garbage...this one is a keeper !!!!"
"This is easy and yummy. I think it would be good with beans, too."