"These flavorful enchiladas are my sister's favorite - she requests them whenever we get together," writes Lisa Zamora of Beloit, Wisconsin. This meaty main dish is cooked in the microwave, so it's done in a jiffy.
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- Crumble beef into a large microwave-safe bowl; stir in onion. Cover and microwave on high for 3-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, stirring every 1 minute; drain. Stir in the tomato paste, water and taco seasoning. Cover and cook on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through, stirring once.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup meat mixture down the center of each tortilla; roll up tightly. Place seam side down in a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Set remaining meat mixture aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine cheese sauce and chilies. Cover and microwave on high for 40 seconds; stir. Pour over tortillas.
- Spoon remaining meat mixture down the center of tortillas. Cover and cook on high for 3 to 3-1/2 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Santa Fe Enchiladas in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p38
Reviews for Santa Fe Enchiladas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review