Santa Fe Deviled Eggs
"I give my deviled eggs a zippy Southwestern flair. The smoky, spicy flavor is a hit with my husband, Paul." —Patricia Harmon, Baden, Pennsylvania
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 hard-cooked eggs
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon canned chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 teaspoons salsa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons thinly sliced green onion
- 1 pitted ripe olive, quartered
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside. In a
- small bowl, mash yolks. Stir in the mayonnaise, chilies, chipotle
- pepper and garlic salt. Stuff or pipe into egg whites.
- Top with salsa, onion and an olive piece. Refrigerate until serving.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 egg halves (prepared with reduced-fat mayonnaise) equals 111 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 215 mg cholesterol, 327 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V
, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now