"I give my deviled eggs a zippy Southwestern flair. The smoky, spicy flavor is a hit with my husband, Paul." —Patricia Harmon, Baden, Pennsylvania
- 2 hard-cooked eggs
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon canned chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 teaspoons salsa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons thinly sliced green onion
- 1 pitted ripe olive, quartered
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside. In a small bowl, mash yolks. Stir in the mayonnaise, chilies, chipotle pepper and garlic salt. Stuff or pipe into egg whites.
- Top with salsa, onion and an olive piece. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Santa Fe Deviled Eggs in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p33
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Santa Fe Deviled Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review