Santa Fe Cornmeal Pizza Recipe
You'll love the cornmeal crust of this "knife-and-fork" pizza that has been a hit with our family for years. It's a nice change from traditional pizza and so easy to make. -Mirien Church, Aurora, Colorado
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1-1/3 cups water, divided
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 8 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cornmeal and 2/3 cup water. In a large saucepan, bring the remaining water to a boil. Gradually whisk in the cornmeal mixture; cook and stir until thickened. Stir in 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. When cool enough to handle, pat into a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and garlic in oil until tender. Add the tomato sauce, mushrooms, basil, oregano and pepper. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Add the beans.
- 3. Sprinkle 1/2 cup mozzarella and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese over crust. Top with the bean mixture and remaining cheeses. Sprinkle with olives. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 piece: 325 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 606mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 6g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Santa Fe Cornmeal Pizza
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC