Sausage and ground beef make this spiced-up chili a meat lover's delight. I can freeze and reheat it later without sacrificing any of the flavor. —Angela Spengler, Tampa, Florida
Featured In: 38 Ultimate Chili Recipes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup canned diced jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Optional toppings: sour cream, shredded Monterey Jack cheese and crushed tortilla chips
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook beef, sausage and onion over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until beef and sausage are no longer pink and onion is tender, breaking up beef and sausage into crumbles; drain.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, corn, jalapeno peppers, chili powder, chipotle peppers and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 20-25 minutes or until heated through. If desired, serve with toppings. Yield: 8 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Santa Fe Chipotle Chili in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p38
Reviews for Santa Fe Chipotle Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review