- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cans (7 ounces each) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) V8 juice
- 2 envelopes ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- Sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and corn chips, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the beans, corn, tomatoes, juice, salad dressing mix and taco seasoning.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours or until heated through. Serve with sour cream, cheese and corn chips if desired. Yield: 16 servings (4 quarts).
Reviews for Santa Fe Chili
Sort By :
the whole family loved it and voted this is the only chili I am to make from now on
Made it just as written and it was great! I will now try the spicy V8 and red pepper next time. This is a keeper.
Delicious! I added the Crushed Red Pepper flakes as suggested by another poster, and I put in about a teaspoon of ground cumin seed as well as about 1.5 teaspoons of dried cilantro.
Because of all the good ratings, I made this recipe today for lunch. Only made 1/4 recipe since I am cooking for 2 and didn't want a lot of leftovers if we didn't care for it. Wish I had just halved the recipe! This is fantastic! Unlike any chili we have ever eaten but it really is great. Had to make a special trip to the store for the corn chips as we don't keep that kind of thing on hand but so glad we made the effort. They really added that extra touch to a truly great and easy meal. Thank you so much!
Simple and delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Chili >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Beef Soup >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chili Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Ground Beef Chili Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Mexican Chili >
- Mexican Chilies >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Potluck Chili Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Chili >