Santa Fe Chicken Pita Pizzas
This recipe is quick and easy, and because you're making individual pizzas, each one can be altered to suit each person's taste. —Athena M. Russell, Florence, South Carolina
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 whole pita breads
- 1/2 cup refried black beans
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 3/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place pita breads on an ungreased baking
- sheet; spread with beans. Top with salsa, chicken, chilies and
- olives; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with green onion;
- serve with sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 380 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 776 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a