Santa Fe Chicken Pita Pizzas for 2 Recipe
- 2 pita breads (6 inches)
- 1/4 cup refried black beans
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon sliced ripe olives
- 1/3 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1. Place pita breads on an ungreased baking sheet; spread with beans. Top with salsa, chicken, chilies, olives and cheese.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream; sprinkle with onion. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 373 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 762mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Santa Fe Chicken Pita Pizzas for 2
"This was very good. I put it in the do again file."
"I have made this recipe several times now and love it. So easy to through together as a last minute meal and very filling. I like to cook my chicken using fajita or taco seasonings before to add some more flavor. Also, I saute my onions to hide them better from my non-onion loving husband. These do require more cooking time to heat the beans thoroughly in the middle of pizzas, since I don't cook the beans prior, but this may depend on thickness of the beans and toppings. I bake for 15 minutes instead and hasn't failed yet."