Santa Fe Chicken Pate Recipe
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add the chicken, onion, jalapeno and garlic. Cook until chicken is no longer pink, stirring to crumble. Drain; place in a food processor.
- 2. Add the mayonnaise, cilantro, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, lime peel, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce if desired; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2-1/4 cups.
2 tablespoons (calculated without crackers) equals 106 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.