Santa Fe Chicken Chili Recipe
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 medium sweet red peppers, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (12 ounces) salsa
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven or soup kettle,, saute the chicken, peppers, garlic and onions in oil until the chicken for about 5-7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender,
- 2. Add the chili powder, cumin and cayenne; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- 3. Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 14-16 servings (4 quarts).
1 cup: 171 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 430mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 15g protein
Reviews for Santa Fe Chicken Chili
"I added cnicken it was great"
"Easy to make, but we thought it lacked something.I omitted the salt called for in the recipe and added Spice Islands "Old Hickory Seasoning Salt"; a bit of Worcestershire sauce; and about 2½ tsp. of coriander. That seemed to bring everything to life."
"Great chili recipe plus it is easy to prepare."