- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 medium sweet red peppers, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (12 ounces) salsa
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle,, saute the chicken, peppers, garlic and onions in oil until the chicken for about 5-7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender,
- Add the chili powder, cumin and cayenne; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 14-16 servings (4 quarts).
Reviews for Santa Fe Chicken Chili
Sort By :
I added cnicken it was great
Easy to make, but we thought it lacked something.
I omitted the salt called for in the recipe and added Spice Islands "Old Hickory Seasoning Salt"; a bit of Worcestershire sauce; and about 2½ tsp. of coriander. That seemed to bring everything to life.
Great chili recipe plus it is easy to prepare.