Santa Fe Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped tomato
- 1. In a small bowl, combine tortilla chips and butter; press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in Monterey Jack cheese and chilies; pour into crust.
- 3. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Spread sour cream over cheesecake. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight.
- 4. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with yellow pepper, onions and tomato. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 137 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 151 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.