Santa Fe Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped tomato
- 1. In a small bowl, combine tortilla chips and butter; press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in Monterey Jack cheese and chilies; pour into crust.
- 3. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Spread sour cream over cheesecake. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight.
- 4. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with yellow pepper, onions and tomato. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 slice: 137 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 151mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Santa Fe Cheesecake
"This delicious appetizer is easy and fun to make! I made it for a party and there were no leftovers!!"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.