"All of my favorite Southwestern ingredients are combined in this savory cheesecake. It looks and tastes fantastic!" relates field editor Jean Ecos of Hartland, Wisconsin
Featured In: 38 Ultimate Chili Recipes
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped tomato
- In a small bowl, combine tortilla chips and butter; press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in Monterey Jack cheese and chilies; pour into crust.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Spread sour cream over cheesecake. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan. Garnish with yellow pepper, onions and tomato. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Santa Fe Cheesecake in Taste of Home June/July 2005, p16
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Santa Fe Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review