"My kids leave out at least one cupcake for Santa on Christmas Eve," shares Sharon Skildum from Maple Grove, Minnesota.
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) or 2 cups vanilla frosting, divided
- Red gel or paste food coloring
- Miniature marshmallows, chocolate chips, Red Hots candies and flaked coconut
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Place 2/3 cup frosting in a small bowl; tint with red food coloring. Set aside 3 tablespoons white frosting for decorating. Cover two-thirds of the top of each cupcake with remaining white frosting. Frost the rest of cupcake top with red frosting for hat. Place reserved white frosting in a small heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a 1/4-in. hole in one corner.
- On each cupcake, pipe a line of frosting to create fur band of hat. Press a marshmallow on one side of hat for pom-pom. Under hat, place two chocolate chips for eyes and one Red Hot for nose. Gently press coconut onto face for beard. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Santa Cupcakes in Quick Cooking December 2000, p41
Reviews for Santa Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review