Santa Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) or 2 cups vanilla frosting, divided
- Red gel or paste food coloring
- Miniature marshmallows, chocolate chips, Red Hots candies and flaked coconut
- 1. Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 2. Place 2/3 cup frosting in a small bowl; tint with red food coloring. Set aside 3 tablespoons white frosting for decorating. Cover two-thirds of the top of each cupcake with remaining white frosting. Frost the rest of cupcake top with red frosting for hat. Place reserved white frosting in a small heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a 1/4-in. hole in one corner.
- 3. On each cupcake, pipe a line of frosting to create fur band of hat. Press a marshmallow on one side of hat for pom-pom. Under hat, place two chocolate chips for eyes and one Red Hot for nose. Gently press coconut onto face for beard. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Santa Cupcakes
"Easy and fun for Christmas!"
"we loved them"
"Simple to make and look stunning."
"My granddaughter and I made these cupcakes last year and they were a big hit with all her little friends."
"We had Christmas in July for Missions in our church. These cupcakes were a big hit. I was the only one to do a Christmas Theme for our bake sale ....Everyone brought a cupcake and these sold out first! Thanmks so much"
"Made these for The Ronald McDonald House that I volunteer with plus a batch for my daughter's 20th birthday. They were perfect and quite easy. I substituted a red mini m&m for the nose. Will definitely make again next year."
"I had so much fun making these, and they were a great hit with my family."
"These were very good and easy to make except I though it would be easier to use red frosting in a tube for the hat. It was easy to work with, but when I took them from the refrigerator to our destination the red icing ran and was a little messy and not as pretty as when they were first made."
"Looks great!I Have some Red Silicone cupcake cups. Will look festive.Tomorrow!"
"Thanks for the ideas for an alternative to coconut. I'm almost embarrassed that I didn't think of that on my own. It also sparked the thought of using shavings from candy bars that are made of white chocolate."
"or more mini marshmallows for a beard"
"As an alternative to the coconut you could shave some white chocolate bark.These are adorable!"
"These are adorable!! Other than being creative with frosting, does anyone have suggestions for an alternative to the coconut for the beard?"
"Try placing red frosting in a plastic bag also and cut the tip off to frost top of cupcake. I found it less messy."
"I will be making these for a church event this weekend!!"
"These are so cute I am going to have to try this around Christmas time.Sharon Auernheimer from Merced, Ca"