- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting (about 1-2/3 cups)
- Red gel or paste food coloring
- Miniature marshmallows
- Semisweet chocolate chips
- Red Hots
- Sweetened shredded coconut
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes, filling paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks; cool completely.
- Tint 2/3 cup frosting red with food coloring. Place 3 tablespoons white frosting in a food-safe plastic bag; cut a 1/4-in. hole in one corner and reserve for piping.
- Use remaining white frosting to cover two-thirds of each cupcake. Cover remaining cupcake with red frosting for hats. Pipe fur trim on bottom of hats; add marshmallows for pom-poms. Decorate with chocolate chips for eyes, Red Hots for noses and coconut for beards. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forSanta Cupcakes
"we loved them"
"Simple to make and look stunning."
"My granddaughter and I made these cupcakes last year and they were a big hit with all her little friends."
"Made these for The Ronald McDonald House that I volunteer with plus a batch for my daughter's 20th birthday. They were perfect and quite easy. I substituted a red mini m&m for the nose. Will definitely make again next year."
"I had so much fun making these, and they were a great hit with my family."
"Looks great!I Have some Red Silicone cupcake cups. Will look festive.Tomorrow!"
"Thanks for the ideas for an alternative to coconut. I'm almost embarrassed that I didn't think of that on my own. It also sparked the thought of using shavings from candy bars that are made of white chocolate."