- 12 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 package (1 pound) Nutter Butter sandwich cookies
- Red colored sugar
- 32 vanilla or white chips
- 64 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 32 red-hot candies
- In a microwave, melt white chocolate at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Dip one end of each cookie into melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on wire racks. For Santa's hat, sprinkle red sugar on top part of chocolate. Press one vanilla chip off-center on hat for pompom; let stand until set.
- Dip other end of each cookie into melted chocolate for beard, leaving center of cookie uncovered. Place on wire racks. With a dab of melted chocolate, attach semisweet chips for eyes and a red-hot for nose. Place on waxed paper until set. Yield: 32 cookies.
Reviews for Santa Claus Cookies
"My 1st grader and I made these and they turned out super cute."
"they are a good project to make with the kids"
"Love these! They are so cute and not too hard to make either!"
"These have been a Christmas tradition for the past 7 years. We make several children's batches with red M&M noses and a couple adult batches with cinnamon candies. They're always the first treats to disappear!"
"I used 1lb Almond Bark for two pkgs of cookies on the white part. I also used a mini M&M for the nose but put it on the top of the white beard. I used a toothpick to put sqiggly lines in the beard. Fun but puttsy."