Santa Claus Cookies
In Shakopee, Minnesota, Mary Kaufenberg needs just six ingredients to create these cute Kris Kringle confections. Store-bought peanut butter sandwich cookies turn jolly with white chocolate, colored sugar, mini chips and red-hots.
32 ServingsPrep: 50 min. Cook: 5 min.
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 package (1 pound) Nutter Butter sandwich cookies
- Red colored sugar
- 32 vanilla or white chips
- 64 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 32 red-hot candies
- In a microwave, melt white chocolate at 70% power for 1 minute; stir.
- Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until
- Dip one end of each cookie into melted chocolate, allowing excess to
- drip off. Place on wire racks. For Santa's hat, sprinkle red sugar
- on top part of chocolate. Press one vanilla chip off-center on hat
- for pom-pom; let stand until set.
- Dip other end of each cookie into melted chocolate for beard, leaving
- center of cookie uncovered. Place on wire racks. With a dab of
- melted chocolate, attach semisweet chips for eyes and a red-hot for
- nose. Place on waxed paper until set. Yield: 32 cookies.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 117 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 59 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.