Santa Claus Cookies Recipe
Store-bought peanut butter sandwich cookies become jolly elves with white chocolate, colored sugar, mini chips and Red Hots. —Mary Kaufenberg, Shakopee, Minnesota
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 package (1 pound) Nutter Butter sandwich cookies
- Red colored sugar
- 32 vanilla or white chips
- 64 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 32 red-hot candies
- 1. In a microwave, melt white chocolate at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- 2. Dip one end of each cookie into melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on wire racks. For Santa's hat, sprinkle red sugar on top part of chocolate. Press one vanilla chip off-center on hat for pompom; let stand until set.
- 3. Dip other end of each cookie into melted chocolate for beard, leaving center of cookie uncovered. Place on wire racks. With a dab of melted chocolate, attach semisweet chips for eyes and a red-hot for nose. Place on waxed paper until set. Yield: 32 cookies.
1 serving (1 each) equals 117 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 59 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC