This is a great make-ahead beverage because it allows time for the flavors to blend together.
5 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 bottle (750 ml) Zinfandel or other fruity red wine
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup superfine sugar
- 1 medium orange, sliced
- 1 medium lemon, sliced
- 1 medium lime, cut into wedges
- In a pitcher, combine the wine, orange juice, pineapple juice and
- sugar; stir until sugar is dissolved. Add fruit, press lightly with
- a wooden spoon. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours. Serve over ice. Yield: 5
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 186 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011
, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now