Sangria Gelatin Ring Recipe
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lemon gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups boiling white wine or white grape juice
- 2 cups club soda, chilled
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup green grapes, halved
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling wine or grape juice; cool for 10 minutes. Stir in club soda; refrigerate until set but not firm, about 45 minutes.
- 2. Fold in the berries and grapes. Pour into a 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set. Invert and unmold onto a serving platter. Yield: 10 servings.
1 slice: 80 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 32mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Sangria Gelatin Ring
"I just made this jello for my soon-to-be daughter-in-law's bridal shower. Everyone liked it, and the colors of the various fruits made it very appetizing-looking. I used the white grape juice, but will try the white wine next time. Also, next time I will let the club soda go flat before using it in the recipe, as the carbonation affected the jello's consistency. Also, I put a layer of fruit in the bottom of the mold before adding the jello."
"Excellent summer recipe.Make sure the club soda is chilled otherwise it'll take about 2 hours to set."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.