Sangria Gelatin Ring
This gelatin is enjoyed by everyone because you just can't go wrong with fresh berries.
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lemon gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups boiling white wine or white grape juice
- 2 cups club soda, chilled
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup green grapes, halved
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling wine or grape juice;
- cool for 10 minutes. Stir in club soda; refrigerate until set but
- not firm, about 45 minutes.
- Fold in the berries and grapes. Pour into a 6-cup ring mold coated
- with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set. Invert and
- unmold onto a serving platter. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 80 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 32 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.