This savory chili recipe from Sandra McKenzie, Braham, Minnesota is hearty and filling, and it will warm your guests up, too.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) light red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker; stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Chili in Taste of Home October/November 2006, p23
Reviews for Sandy's Slow-Cooked Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review