- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) light red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker; stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews for Sandy's Slow-Cooked Chili
Sort By :
"I have used this recipe since it was featured in the magazine. I love the flavors and also the ease of making it. Normally I add a little bit of Frank's Red Hot to spice it up a bit. I also use 1 can of pinto beans instead of all kidney beans."
"GREAT MEAL. EASY TO MAKE! I LOVED IT SO MUCH, I MADE A BATCH 2 DAYS LATER!!!"