- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) light red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker; stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews for Sandy's Slow-Cooked Chili
"This wasn't bad but wasn't anything special either. It didn't have enough flavor or seasoning for me."
"I have used this recipe since it was featured in the magazine. I love the flavors and also the ease of making it. Normally I add a little bit of Frank's Red Hot to spice it up a bit. I also use 1 can of pinto beans instead of all kidney beans."
"GREAT MEAL. EASY TO MAKE! I LOVED IT SO MUCH, I MADE A BATCH 2 DAYS LATER!!!"
"Made this recipe for the guys in my fire station for dinner. I substitute ground turkey for ground beef. The recipe has a great flavor and was not spicey even after adding some crushed red pepper. We all agreed this recipe is a keeper for our menu. Will make this recipe again."
"We have made this twice now and will defintely make again. So good on a cold winter day served with shredded cheese on top and cornbread on the side. Yummy!"