Sandwich for a Crowd Recipe
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) unsliced Italian bread
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound thinly sliced fully cooked ham
- 1 pound thinly sliced roast beef
- 12 to 14 thin slices dill pickle
- Cut the bread in half lengthwise. Hollow out top and bottom of loaves, leaving a 1/2-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use).
- In a large bowl, combine cheeses, onions, mayonnaise and Worcestershire sauce; spread over cut sides of bread. Layer with ham and roast beef on bottom and top halves; place pickles on bottom halves. Gently press halves together.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into 1-1/2-in. slices. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Sandwich for a Crowd(16)
Sort By :
Best sandwich ever for parties.
I have made this sandwich at least 30 times since it was published in 1998. The cream cheese layer adds so much flavor to a simple sub. Sometimes I cut it back to make a sandwich for 4, but I always used both ham and roast beef. That combo with the cream cheese layer is the best!
I have not tried it.... I have No diary husband, what would you suggest I use instead of the Cream Cheese??
This really is a good sandwich. The flavors together are very tasty.
This is one of the best sandwich recipes ever! I've been making it for over 10 years and every time I've served it, people devour it. It's hard to believe that something so simple could be so tasty. I absolutely love this sandwich.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cold Sandwich Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- July 4th Recipes >