Sandbakkelse (Sand Tarts) Recipe
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and extracts. Blend in flour. Cover and chill for 1-2 hours or overnight. Using ungreased sandbakkelse molds, press about 1 tablespoon dough into each mold.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until cookies appear set and just begin to brown around the edges. Cool for 2-3 minutes in molds. When cool to the touch, remove cookies from molds. To remove more easily, gently tap with a knife and carefully squeeze it. Yield: about 8 dozen.
2 each: 80 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 40mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Sandbakkelse (Sand Tarts)
"I thought that this was very good!! you just have to make sure that you press the dough as thin as you can in the mold they turn out cripy very very good"
"where do you get these molds. cookies sound good but need molds."