Sandbakkelse (Sand Tarts) Recipe
"TRANSLATED from Norwegian, the name of these cookies is 'sand tarts'. They're most attractive if baked in authentic sandbakkelse molds, which can be purchased in a Scandinavian import shop. Most any decorative cookie mold will do, though, and the interesting shapes will make these tarts the focus of your cookie tray!" —Karen Hoylo, Duluth, Minnesota
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and extracts. Blend in flour. Cover and chill for 1-2 hours or overnight. Using ungreased sandbakkelse molds, press about 1 tablespoon dough into each mold.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until cookies appear set and just begin to brown around the edges. Cool for 2-3 minutes in molds. When cool to the touch, remove cookies from molds. To remove more easily, gently tap with a knife and carefully squeeze it. Yield: about 8 dozen.
Originally published as Sandbakkelse (Sand Tarts) in Reminisce Extra December 1993, p47
Reviews for Sandbakkelse (Sand Tarts)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review