Sand Dollar Cookies
Relates Michelle Duncan of Callaway, Florida, "When the military relocated our family, my children had never lived near the beach before. I came up with this special treat with a beach theme--it made our move more fun!"
9 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Slivered almonds and cinnamon-sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat
- in extract. Combine the flour and salt; gradually add to creamed
- mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy
- to handle.
- Roll dough between waxed paper to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a
- 3-1/2-in. round cookie cutter dipped in flour. Using a floured
- spatula, place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Brush with
- egg. Decorate with almonds and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake at 325° for 12-16 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 9 cookies.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 240 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 227 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, General Number g fiber, 3 g protein.