Sand Dollar Cookies Recipe
Relates Michelle Duncan of Callaway, Florida, "When the military relocated our family, my children had never lived near the beach before. I came up with this special treat with a beach theme--it made our move more fun!"
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons almond extract
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Slivered almonds and cinnamon-sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Combine the flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to roll.
- 2. Preheat oven to 325°. Roll each portion of dough between waxed paper to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 3-1/2-in. round cookie cutter dipped in flour. Using a floured spatula, place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Brush with egg. Decorate with almonds to resemble sand dollars and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- 3. Bake 12-16 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie: 240 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 227mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0.500g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Sand Dollar Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC