- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Slivered almonds and cinnamon-sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Combine the flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll dough between waxed paper to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 3-1/2-in. round cookie cutter dipped in flour. Using a floured spatula, place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Brush with egg. Decorate with almonds and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake at 325° for 12-16 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 9 cookies.
Originally published as Sand Dollar Cookies in Taste of Home June/July 2005, p57
Reviews for Sand Dollar Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review