Sand Castle Brownie Mix
"The home economics teacher at the school where I work shared these moist, fudgy brownies with me," relates Carin Rounds of Boonville, New York. "Attach the recipe to a jar of the lovely layered mix, and you have a super-easy gift for any occasion."
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a 1-qt. glass container, layer the first seven ingredients in
- order listed, packing well between each layer. Cover and store in a
- cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 1 batch (4 cups total).
- To prepare brownies: In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, oil and
- vanilla. Stir in brownie mix (batter will be thick). Spread into a
- greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 27-30 minutes
- or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool
- on a wire rack. Yield: 2 dozen.