"The home economics teacher at the school where I work shared these moist, fudgy brownies with me," relates Carin Rounds of Boonville, New York. "Attach the recipe to a jar of the lovely layered mix, and you have a super-easy gift for any occasion."
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a 1-qt. glass container, layer the first seven ingredients in order listed, packing well between each layer. Cover and store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 1 batch (4 cups total).
- To prepare brownies: In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, oil and vanilla. Stir in brownie mix (batter will be thick). Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 27-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Sand Castle Brownie Mix in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p50
Reviews for Sand Castle Brownie Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review