Sand Art Brownies Recipe
A jar of this attractive layered mix produces a yummy batch of fudgy brownies that are dressed up with chocolate chips and M&M’s. “If you need a quick gift for a neighbor or teacher, this fills the spot—deliciously!” assures Joan Hohwald of Lodi, New York.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup holiday milk chocolate M&M's
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking powder. In a 1-qt. glass container, layer the flour mixture, cocoa, sugar, brown sugar, chocolate chips and M&M's, packing well between each layer. Cover and store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 1 batch (about 4 cups total).
- 2. To prepare brownies: In a large bowl, beat the eggs, oil and vanilla. Stir in brownie mix. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 26-28 minutes or until center is set (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 16 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 256 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 106 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Sand Art Brownies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC