Sand Art Brownie Mix Recipe
These brownies are so good and I always keep a few jars on hand to add to gift baskets or use as hostess gifts. The jars can be decorated by covering the lids with holiday material and tying a ribbon around the top to hold it in place. —Claudia Temple, Sutton, West Virginia
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a small bowl, combine flour and salt. In a 1-qt. glass container, layer flour mixture, brown sugar, sugar, cocoa, chips and pecans. Cover and store in a cool dry place up to 6 months. Yield: 1 batch (about 4 cups total).
- 2. To prepare brownies: Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, oil and vanilla. Add brownie mix; stir until blended.
- 3. Spread into a greased 9-in.-square baking pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 16 servings.
1 brownie equals 280 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 96 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC