San Francisco Crab Dip Recipe
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 envelope envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a saucepan, combine soup and cream cheese; cook and stir over medium heat until smooth.
- 2. Meanwhile in a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over hot water. Let stand 5 minutes or until dissolved. Add gelatin to hot soup mixture; stir until dissolved. Add onions, celery and crab; stir to combine. Transfer to a serving bowl. Cover and chill for 2-3 hours or until set. Serve with crackers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for San Francisco Crab Dip
"My mom used to make this for us all the time when we were kids and when we had parties. Family favorite!"
"I made this dip for Christmas dinner appetizer and it was wonderful. Added an extra can of crab, three celery ribs and a jar of diced pimento for color. Everyone went crazy over it. Definitely will make again but probably will only use one bunch of onion and will add a nice pinch of cayenne pepper. Unmolded on an appetizer plate it made a beautiful presentation."