San Francisco Chops
In Dayton, New Jersey, Tara Bonesteel finds it easy to please friends and family with these fast-to-fix chops. "Simmered in a tangy sauce all day, they're so moist and delicious by dinnertime they practically melt in your mouth," she notes.
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 7-1/2 hours
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil; transfer
- to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add garlic to drippings; cook and stir for 1
- minute. Add the soy sauce, wine, brown sugar and pepper flakes; cook
- and stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour over chops.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender. Remove
- chops. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually
- stir into slow cooker. Return chops to slow cooker. Cover and cook
- on high for 30 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with rice.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.