I brought home some summer squash from my job at a plant nursery, decided to put it in succotash and this recipe was born. I was going to name it "Sallume Succotash" but decided to name it after my hometown because the yellow and green colors of the dish remind me of the sunny days here in beautiful San Diego.—Pat Sallume, San Diego, Califiornia
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1 small yellow summer squash, halved and sliced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1-1/2 cups frozen lima beans
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, summer squash, corn, lima beans and shallot; cook and stir for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as San Diego Succotash in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014, pHJ
Reviews for San Diego Succotash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review