San Antonio Special Recipe
I brought this recipe back with me after ordering it a San Antonio restaurant a number of years ago. Everyone enjoys the beef patties topped with salsa and chili.—Lila Schneider, Wichita, Kansas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. Cook: 10 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- Salt and pepper
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili without beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 block (8 ounces) cheddar cheese, cut into 8 slices
- 1. Shape the beef into eight patties. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a skillet, cook patties over medium heat until no longer pink. Transfer to a grease 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; set aside. In a sauce-pan, combine salsa, beans, chili and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Pour over patties. Top each patty with a cheese slice. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 453 calories, 25 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 785 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 36 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC