San Antonio Special Recipe
I brought this recipe back with me after ordering it a San Antonio restaurant a number of years ago. Everyone enjoys the beef patties topped with salsa and chili.Lila Schneider, Wichita, Kansas
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- Salt and pepper
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili without beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 block (8 ounces) cheddar cheese, cut into 8 slices
- Shape the beef into eight patties. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a skillet, cook patties over medium heat until no longer pink. Transfer to a grease 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; set aside. In a sauce-pan, combine salsa, beans, chili and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Pour over patties. Top each patty with a cheese slice. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as San Antonio Special in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p299
Reviews for San Antonio Special(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review