Sammie's Breakfast Burritos Recipe
“We're trying to eat healthier, so this recipe is the result of lightening up fast-food burritos. You can replace the sausage with ham or bacon.”—Sandra Ward, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 breakfast turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 4 fat-free flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, salsa, chili powder, cumin and pepper; set aside.
- 2. Crumble sausage into a large skillet; cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain. Push sausage to the sides of pan. Pour egg mixture into center of pan. Cook and stir until set. Sprinkle cheese over the top. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted.
- 3. Place 1/2 cup mixture on each tortilla; roll up. Yield: 4 servings.
1 burrito equals 211 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 233 mg cholesterol, 510 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC