Sammie's Breakfast Burritos for Two
“We're trying to eat healthier, so this recipe is the result of lightening up fast-food burritos. You can replace the sausage with ham or bacon.”—Sandra Ward, Tulsa, Oklahoma
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 breakfast turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 4 fat-free flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, salsa, chili powder, cumin and
- pepper; set aside.
- Crumble sausage into a large skillet; cook over medium heat until no
- longer pink. Drain. Push sausage to the sides of pan. Pour egg
- mixture into center of pan. Cook and stir until set. Sprinkle cheese
- over the top. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese
- is melted.
- Place 1/2 cup mixture on each tortilla; roll up. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burrito equals 422 calories, 21 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 467 mg cholesterol, 1,019 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.