Salty Peanut Squares Recipe
If your gang likes corn chips, they’ll love the sweet and salty blend in these fast-fixing bars from Wanda Borgen in Minot, North Dakota. They also make great take-along treats for picnics or tailgate parties and are so easy, the kids just may want to make their own batch.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 1 package (10 ounces) corn chips, lightly crushed, divided
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts, divided
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- 1. Place half of the corn chips and peanuts in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan; set aside. In a large saucepan, bring the corn syrup and sugar to a boil. Stir in peanut butter until blended. Drizzle half over corn chip mixture in pan.
- 2. Add remaining corn chips and peanuts to remaining syrup; stir until combined. Spoon over mixture in pan; press down lightly. Drizzle with melted chocolate. Cool before cutting. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 254 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC