Salty Peanut Squares Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) corn chips, lightly crushed, divided
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts, divided
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- Place half of the corn chips and peanuts in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan; set aside. In a large saucepan, bring the corn syrup and sugar to a boil. Stir in peanut butter until blended. Drizzle half over corn chip mixture in pan.
- Add remaining corn chips and peanuts to remaining syrup; stir until combined. Spoon over mixture in pan; press down lightly. Drizzle with melted chocolate. Cool before cutting. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Salty Peanut Squares
Sort By :
If you like salty and sweet this is the bar for you! Everyone liked them!
I took these goodies to coffee hour at our church. Everyone loved them and there were many requests for the recipe. Several people were surprised to learn the ingredients since corn chips and peanut butter is an uncommon combination. I plan to make them to give as Christmas gifts to friends and neighbors. Yummy! BTW, I followed the recipe to the letter and had excellent results.
Very interesting ... I didn't think the recipe needed the milk chocolate chips, and mixing the nuts into the syrup made it hard to spread evenly. That said, it was delicious!
Follow the recipe as stated, including pressing LIGHTLY, and your results will be as they should be. Stirring everything together makes a very compact chunk of stuff-as badgergirl found out. We have made this recipe, minus the nuts and chocolate for a number of years now-spread the UNBROKEN corn chips on several jelly roll pans (10x15") and drizzle the boiled mixture over. Cool, break apart as needed and make layers in a container, separated by wax paper. We call it "The Terribly Addictive Snack" and it is always a hit.
These were awesome - perfect combination of sweet & salty. I substituted honey roasted peanuts and added 3/4 cup of chocolate chips to suit our taste. Recipe made a 9x13" pan for me, but maybe because I didn't mix everything together like the previous reviewer. Will definitely make again!
More Recipe Collections
- Bar Recipes >
- Chocolate Bar Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Halloween Desserts >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peanut Butter Recipes >
- Peanut Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >