If your gang likes corn chips, they’ll love the sweet and salty blend in these fast-fixing bars from Wanda Borgen in Minot, North Dakota. They also make great take-along treats for picnics or tailgate parties and are so easy, the kids just may want to make their own batch.
- 1 package (10 ounces) corn chips, lightly crushed, divided
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts, divided
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- Place half of the corn chips and peanuts in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan; set aside. In a large saucepan, bring the corn syrup and sugar to a boil. Stir in peanut butter until blended. Drizzle half over corn chip mixture in pan.
- Add remaining corn chips and peanuts to remaining syrup; stir until combined. Spoon over mixture in pan; press down lightly. Drizzle with melted chocolate. Cool before cutting. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Salty Peanut Squares in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006, p26
Reviews for Salty Peanut Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review