- 40 saltines
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) milk chocolate English toffee bits
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with heavy-duty foil. Arrange saltines in a single layer on foil; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in sugar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Pour evenly over crackers.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until bubbly. Immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Allow chips to soften for a few minutes, then spread over top. Sprinkle with toffee bits. Cool.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 pounds.
Reviews for Saltine Toffee Bark
Sort By :
"I made these yesterday for the first time, and took them to a Christmas celebration last night. They were a huge hit, and several people asked for the recipe."
"I won't be making this again. I don't know if I did something wrong - I followed all the directions and it turned out a sticky mess. That aside, it tastes wonderful. Like Almond Rocca, When I tried to break it apart it stuck to the foil and the saltines were unmistakeable and the chocolate didn't want to stick to the crackers. I wanted to put these on some gift cookie plates but won't be doing that. My husband is enjoying eating the pieces though. Side note: If someone manages to succeed in making this (different cooking time perhaps?), they could probably get away with using half the amount of toffee bits if they wanted to."
"Just made this. It is yummy and so easy! My family loves it!"
"Super easy to make, so delicious! I like this even better than toffee. Thanks for all of the great reviews or I never would have tried the recipe."
"I have made this....fantastic!!!"