Saltine Toffee Bark Recipe
These sweet-and-salty treasures make great gifts, and their flavor is simply irresistible. The bark is like brittle, but better. Get ready for a new family favorite! —Laura Cox, Brewster, Massachusetts
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling YIELD:32 servings
- 40 saltines
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) milk chocolate English toffee bits
- 1. Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with heavy-duty foil. Arrange saltines in a single layer on foil; set aside.
- 2. In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in sugar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Pour evenly over crackers.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until bubbly. Immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Allow chips to soften for a few minutes, then spread over top. Sprinkle with toffee bits. Cool.
- 4. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 pounds.
1 ounce equals 171 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 119 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC