Saltimbocca with Chicken Recipe
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, halved
- 16 fresh sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh sage
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onions in butter until tender. Add rice and stir to coat. Stir in broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Fluff with a fork.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut a slit lengthwise through the thickest part of each chicken breast; fill with prosciutto and two sage leaves. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil in batches for 1-2 minutes on each side; return all to the pan. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- 4. Add wine to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until slightly reduced. Stir in the sour cream, sugar and minced sage; heat through (do not boil). Serve with chicken and rice. Yield: 8 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 3/4 cup rice and 4 teaspoons sauce equals 410 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 855 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Reviews for Saltimbocca with Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.