Salted Peanut Cookies Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups salted peanuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and peanuts.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 10 dozen.
1 each: 72 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 51mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Salted Peanut Cookies
"You can really taste the peanuts in this cookie. It seems to be missing something. The next time I make them I am going to increase the vanilla a little."
"These are a favorite, but only make about half of what the recipes says."
"These were really good. Common chocolate chip cookie though. The only negative is the dough gets really thick after a while- there is a lot of flour. It might be hard to handle, but other than that- it was a good classic cookie- the peanuts were a good addition."
"Excellent, finally I found a good chocolate chip recipe."
"My family and friends love these cookies. I get requests to make them on a regular basis."
"In my youth, Salted Peanut Cookies were a favorite of mine. If I leave out the chocolate chips will the cookies bake as well? Would I need to compensate by adding more of some ingredient? M.T."
"These cookies are the best. They are a favourite in our family. I get requests for the recipe all the time."
"I love these cookies. They're my favorites. I have eated since now the traditional sweet chocolate cookies (superb, wonderful, it's a unique taste, yum yum), I want to try these ones as soon as possible!!!!"
"This seems like an excellent recipe. I love sweet and salty foods together."