Salted Peanut Cookies Recipe
Instead of walnuts or pecans, this chocolate chip cookie recipe calls for salted peanuts. Whenever I bake these, friends and family seem to come running!
- 1-1/2 cups shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups salted peanuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and peanuts.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 10 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 72 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Salted Peanut Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC