Instead of walnuts or pecans, this chocolate chip cookie recipe calls for salted peanuts. Whenever I bake these, friends and family seem to come running!
- 1-1/2 cups shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups salted peanuts
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and peanuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 10 dozen.
Originally published as Salted Peanut Cookies in Taste of Home April/May 2006, p39
Reviews for Salted Peanut Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review