- 1-1/2 cups shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups salted peanuts
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and peanuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 10 dozen.
Reviews for Salted Peanut Cookies
"You can really taste the peanuts in this cookie. It seems to be missing something. The next time I make them I am going to increase the vanilla a little."
"These are a favorite, but only make about half of what the recipes says."
"These were really good. Common chocolate chip cookie though. The only negative is the dough gets really thick after a while- there is a lot of flour. It might be hard to handle, but other than that- it was a good classic cookie- the peanuts were a good addition."
"Excellent, finally I found a good chocolate chip recipe."
"My family and friends love these cookies. I get requests to make them on a regular basis."