Salted Peanut Chews Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups peanut butter chips
- 2/3 cup corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and 1/2 cup butter. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with marshmallows and return to the oven for 3-5 minutes or until marshmallows begin to melt; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, cook and stir the peanut butter chips, corn syrup, vanilla and remaining butter until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in cereal and peanuts. Pour over prepared crust, spreading to cover. Cool on a wire rack before cutting into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Salted Peanut Chews(7)
Sort By :
My family loved this!
Delicious! I got raves from some very particular relatives! The only change I will make next time is to add more butter to the first layer. It was too crumbly and separated from the rest of the bar. But I had no complaints. It was still yummy
This is a great recipe! Super easy. I didn't have enough peanuts and only had butterscotch chips, so I did the butterscotch with half peanuts and half pecans. Delicious! They are really chewy and crunchy at the same time.
These are really good. For the crust, just make sure that you mix the flour, brown sugar, butter together well. If need be, add the extra 1/4 stick of unused butter to make the crust more moist.
This is an easy recipe and a very good one.Grandkids loved it.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Candy Recipes >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Holiday Candy >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peanut Butter Recipes >