I took these great treats to an evening reunion. They disappeared fast, and soon people were asking for the recipe. —Irene Yoder, Millersburg, Ohio
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups peanut butter chips
- 2/3 cup corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and 1/2 cup butter. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with marshmallows and return to the oven for 3-5 minutes or until marshmallows begin to melt; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, cook and stir the peanut butter chips, corn syrup, vanilla and remaining butter until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in cereal and peanuts. Pour over prepared crust, spreading to cover. Cool on a wire rack before cutting into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Salted Peanut Chews in Taste of Home August/September 1993, p64
Reviews for Salted Peanut Chews
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review