Salted Peanut Bars Recipe
- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) peanut butter cookie mix
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 large egg
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 2/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cookie mix, oil, water and egg. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until set. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the chips, corn syrup and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in the Rice Krispies, peanuts and vanilla.
- 3. Sprinkle marshmallows over crust. Bake 1-2 minutes longer or until marshmallows begin to puff. Spread cereal mixture over top. Cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 bar equals 318 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 225 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Salted Peanut Bars
"Everyone loved these! They are pretty hard to cut when you first take them out of the refrigerator. I let them sit out for about a half an hour and then cut them into the bars. Excellent recipe!!!!!"
"Very good alternative to traditional Rice Krispy treats."
"These are delicious - a bit hit at my son-in-law's B-day party."
"Keeper recipe, I'm not a big marshmallow person but, these are truly delicious. I have made them twice now, the last time I added a few chocolate chips to the top after I spread the peanut butter mixture on."
"Keeper recipe, similar to brownie mallow bars on this site-which I have made a million times. Love the peanutty, salty, sweet, crunchy, gooey flavor-like an upscale fluffernutter. Keeps well in the fridge, easy to take along. Thumbs up from everyone that tried them."
"great reciepe....not time consuming"
"This recipe is a family favorite. When giving recipes to new brides I always include this one and have given it out many times. If you take it to a party or picnic, plan on coming home with an empty plate."
"These were great and very easy to make. Everyone just loved them. One additional perk, they freeze beautifully."
"I took this to a staff luncheon. By the time I got there, it was all gone. Everyone praised the recipe, but I'm making it again so I can try it!"