Salted Peanut Bars Recipe
You’ll never look at Rice Krispies Treats the same way again after trying these nutty three-tiered cookie, marshmallow and cereal bars. —Denise Kirsch, McLeansboro, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:24 servings
- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) peanut butter cookie mix
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 egg
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 2/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cookie mix, oil, water and egg. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until set. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the chips, corn syrup and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in the Rice Krispies, peanuts and vanilla.
- 3. Sprinkle marshmallows over crust. Bake 1-2 minutes longer or until marshmallows begin to puff. Spread cereal mixture over top. Cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 bar equals 318 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 225 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC